Friday, August 18, 2006

big Panda brand ciggies


I was told that "ta xiong mao" ciggies were exclusively for Deng Xiao Ping's sucking pleasures during his time. And to display the pack of ciggies on restaurant dinner tables would possibly empower you with exceptional hospitality from the waiters.

It costs bloody 108 yuan (S$20.60) at the Guangzhou international airport for a pack of 20 ciggies. I was lucky I bought it there, cos the rest of the places either didn't sell it, or are sold at the range of 110 to 120 yuan. The sales person at the shop didnt' believe that I would want to purchase it, maybe cos I don't look like I could afford it. There were actually several other alternative brands available.... like the "xiao xiong mao" in green packaging.

Locals tell me that only the corupt officials smoke that in China. Probably as pressies from the businessmen wanting a good deal.

Changi DFS has them for sale now... at approx. $56 for a pack of 100 ciggies.

No comments: